Re: HEADSUP: cpufreq import complete, acpi_throttling changed

From: Maxim Sobolev <sobomax_at_portaone.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 17:41:59 +0200
Nate Lawson wrote:
> Maxim Sobolev wrote:
>
>> Great! It would be nice if you can document this new facility in the
>> Handbook, since it is likely to be of interest for very large
>> percentage of FreeBSD users. Also, it should be mentioned in the
>> release notes.
>

> Man page committed so no one has an excuse to avoid updating their
> drivers.  ;-)  The man page may be improved more over time, but the
> interfaces needed to update drivers are completely documented.

I am not talking about API documentation, but documentation on how to
use the new framework to control power consumption/heat dissipation.
This is crucial if you want cpufreq to be actually used by those FreeBSD
users who don't read freebsd-current in general or have missed your post
in particular. ;-)

-Maxim