Re: The case for FreeBSD

From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie_at_le-hen.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 18:51:19 +0100
> If they would have tried the other direction (ie, FreeBSD ports/init system
> with a Linux based system), I would applaud as well. This killer combo for
> everyone who wants/needs a Linux kernel would instantly wipe out all other
> general purpose GNU/Linux distributions.

I don't want to troll, but while we are in the area of using packaging
system on non-native platforms, I think NetBSD's pkgsrc [1] must be
presented.  It was designed to be highly portable accross platforms (it
just even runs on Windows as far as I heard).

(I didn't read the whole thread, so maybe someone already presented it.)

Regards,

[1] http://www.pkgsrc.org/
--
Jeremie Le Hen