MySQL benchmarks

From: Miguel Mendez <flynn_at_energyhq.es.eu.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 20:59:43 +0100
Hi all,

Someone has posted a link to a newsforge article on the NetBSD lists
that benchmarks MySQL performance on several systems, you can see it at:

http://software.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=04/12/27/1243207&from=rss

I don't know how much Linux-specific code there is in MySQL because,
honestly, I always try to avoid it and go with PostgreSQL, but perhaps
somebody with more MySQL-fu can fill in the blanks and confirm that the
better performance seen on Linux systems is due to how the software is
designed and not so much related to FreeBSD per se.

Cheers,
--
Miguel Mendez <flynn_at_energyhq.es.eu.org>
http://www.energyhq.es.eu.org