Re: MySQL benchmarks

From: Claus Guttesen <cguttesen_at_yahoo.dk>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:48:17 +0100 (CET)
> > The difference between linux and everything else
> > in those tests is so significant even on UP, so
that I
> > suspect that something wrong with
> > the approach.
> no, I believe it to be accurate. however Mysql in
> default config is very well tuned for Linux,
> and you have to admit that 2.6 is a very nice
> kernel in some ways.

I'm running the tests on a dual xeon _at_ 2.0 GHz and 1
GB RAM. Right now I'm doint the tests on slackware,
I'll just test the 2.4.26-kernel since 2.4 and 2.6 are
pretty close to each other. The following days I'll
test NetBSD 2.0, FreeBSD 4.11, 5.3 release, 5.3 stable
and 6.0 current.

All kernels will have smp enabled, optimized with -O2
-march=i686, world will compiled with the same options
on *BSD, mysql is 4.0.23a.
Slackware is using xfs, the other will use their
default filesystems.

regards
Claus