Re: gdb over Firewire

From: Gerald Heinig <gheinig_at_syskonnect.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:44:24 +0100
Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:16:43 +0100
> Gerald Heinig <gheinig_at_syskonnect.de> wrote:
>
>>>Hello Current'ers,
>>>I'm trying to get two-machine kernel debugging over Firewire working,
>>>unfortunately without much luck so far. dconschat over Firewire works
>>>fine, but gdb won't attach, complaining about get_tty_state failed,
>>>among other things.
>>>Is kernel gdb over Firewire a -current-only feature?
>>
>>Sorry, forgot to add: I'm using 5.3-RELEASE, hence the question about
>>-current.
>

> 	I'm using kgdb over dconschat, well.  Do you add -G option?

Yes. My dconschat works fine. I'm using

dconschat -br -G 5556 -t TARGET

> 	HOST:
> 		dconschat -G 12345 -r -t TARGET
> 		gdb -k /boot/kernel.TARGET/kernel.debug
> 		(kgdb) target remote :12345

My gdb doesn't support the -k option. I only have kgdb, which needs a
remote device (I use /dev/fwmem0.0, as in the docs). That doesn't work.

# kgdb -r /dev/fwmem0.0 kernel.debug

[kgdb copyright stuff]
Switching to remote protocol
get_tty_state failed: Invalid argument
set_tty_state failed: Invalid argument
get_tty_state failed: Invalid argument
set_tty_state failed: Invalid argument
Couldn't establish connection to remote target
Reply contains invalid hex digit 12
kgdb>

That leads me to my question as to whether this is a -current-only feature.

Cheers,
Gerald