Re: UPDATE: ATA mkIII first official patches - please test!

From: Anthony Ginepro <anthony.ginepro_at_laposte.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 10:50:29 +0100
Le Mercredi 09 février 2005 à 15:00 +0100, Søren Schmidt a écrit :
> Søren Schmidt wrote:
>
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~sos/ata-mk3j.diff-releng5.gz
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~sos/ata-mk3j.diff-current.gz
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~sos/ata-mk3j.tar.gz
>
> New version that fixes known problems so far etc now available:

ATA mk3 works fine on my system except two things :
- it seems there's no more atapi-cam support (or it's still WIP ?),
- dumps doesn't work (but never did on my system).

For dumps, it never works under kernel panics so I tried jumping right
into DDB and "call doadump", it displays "Dumping 991MB", hard drive's
led lights on however the disk doesn't write, and system doesn't print
dots reporting some progress.

I host these files if you need more information :
http://renaissance.homeip.net:8080/freebsd/ata-mkIII/CUSTOM_20050210
http://renaissance.homeip.net:8080/freebsd/ata-mkIII/dmesg.20050212

Thanks for all your work and patience with us, users with esoteric
hardware,
Anthony.