Re: few programs now getting sig 6

From: Daniel O'Connor <doconnor_at_gsoft.com.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:06:50 +1030
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:02, Sean McNeil wrote:
> I've also seen a core dump on a recompile attempt for howl (port that
> has mDNSResponder).  It wasn't repeatable, so I thought my system had
> memory issues.  After some reboots and testing, I've found that the
> above aborts are consistent and not memory related.

signal 6 is almost invariably caused by the process calling abort() - ie it's
shooting itself in the head because some expectation it had has been
violated.

I'd check log messages (if the programs generate them..)

The big hammer approach would be to just rebuild the broken apps and see if
that fixes it :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum