Questions related to our use of crtbegin{,S,T}.o

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:20:54 +0100
Hi,

I'm investigating an issue in icc regarding crtbeginT.o. We don't have this,
but based upon reading /usr/src/contrib/gcc/Makefile.in it seems to be
needed for linking "gcc -static" compiles (and icc references it in static
C++ compiles only)... but maybe not on FreeBSD.

Our gcc uses crtbegin.o in any case (excluding linking shared libs here, I
haven't looked at how [gi]cc behave there), icc links with crtbeginT.o in
the -static case.

I've looked at crtstuff.c and it seems crtbeginT.o is the same as crtbegin.o
in our case. Can anyone familiar with those internals confirm this or
explain me some things I may have misinterpreted?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net  Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7