Re: MA401 worked w/5.3 - No go under CURRENT

From: Chris <racerx_at_makeworld.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 16:56:07 -0600
John Birrell wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 06:16:58PM -0600, Chris wrote:
>
>>	I'm just starting to follow the CURRENT branch and popped that
>>	latest snapshot on my laptop. Under 5.3 my NetGear MA401 worked with just
>>adding something like this to /etc/rc.conf:
>>
>>ifconfig_wi0="inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask 255.255.255.0 ssid XXX
>>wepmode on wepkey 0xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
>>
>>	And everything came up just dandy. Has something changed?
>

> I hadn't tried to use my wireless stuff for months until a few days ago. I have
> the hostap running on current and I was trying to connect with wepmode on from
> a RELENG_5 laptop without success. I read the recent messages suggesting the
> explicit setting of the wepkey and default key, but that didn't solve the problem.
>
> I'll be away from the current box for 5 weeks and unable to debug anything, so I
> know this message is virtally useless. I just wanted to say "me too".

Ok folks, I added the suggested stuff in /etc/rc.conf:

ifconfig_wi0="inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask 255.255.255.0 ssid XXX
wepmode on weptxkey 1 wepkey 1:0xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

And /boot/loader.conf:
wlan_wep="YES"

Still a no-go. Light on the wireless nic just blinks.
I'm pretty much at a loss - anyone?

--
Best regards,
Chris

In any organization there will always be one person
who knows what is going on.
This person must be fired.