Re: dummynet question

From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie_at_le-hen.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:30:26 +0100
Hi Sipat,

you should have used freebsd-ipfw_at_ for this question.

> I setup my FreeBSD 5.3 box as a bridge and use dummynet to introduce
> delay and bandwidth limitation.
>
> My question is I'm finding the way to interconnect the pipes together
> within the same machine.
>
> For example, I have 3 pipes with different configuration. The I would
> like to emulate a more complex network by connecting input to pipe1,
> pipe1 to pipe2, pipe2 to pipe3, and pipe3 to output network.
>
> If anyone has any ideas, please help me.

It's very simple.  You just have to define multiple pipes and then add
rules to make packets go through them.  The only thing you have to be
careful about is that the net.inet.ip.fw.one_pass is set to 0.

Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen
jeremie at le-hen dot org