VESA display resume support (Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/fb vgareg.h src/sys/isa vga_isa.c)

From: Ian Dowse <iedowse_at_maths.tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:17:06 +0000
FYI, this and the previous commit to sys/i386/isa vesa.c may help
notebooks displays that don't recover from a suspend/resume. You
probably need to enable VESA support for it to make a difference,
and may need to set hw.acpi.reset_video=0 also.

Let me know if this causes any problems - due to the variety of
VESA implementations out there, this may need a sysctl knob to
disable it on problem hardware.

Ian