Re: Xorg ICE vs. Xfce4 (4.2-RC3) needs fixing /etc/rc.d/cleartmp

From: Jose M Rodriguez <josemi_at_freebsd.jazztel.es>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 18:45:00 +0100
Pawel Worach escribió:

> Brooks Davis wrote:
>
>> My worry with using your patch is that localpkg is run quite late in the
>> startup process, well after X may have tried to start if xdm is run from
>> /etc/ttys.  If package startup scripts could run anywhere in the order,
>> a script in the port would be obvious solution, but that's not the case.
>

> Another issue I see with doing this in localpkg is that on a diskless
> client
> that shares /usr with the server it's common to set local_startup="" for
> the client so that it doesn't start all the stuff you have installed
> on the
> server. This issue is smaller today now that more ports use rcNG.
>

>> -- Brooks

Not here, working great. But your proposition main problem is the time
to go HEAD -> RELENG_5 -> RELENG_4.  This can take months to go RELENG_5
and never to RELENG_4.

Also, as I said, you may polite This.  What cleartmp do now is a pure
hack.  What you propose is twice.  If this must to HEAD, it must be
adapted to rcNG rules.

--
  josemi