fxp0: device timed out problem

From: Ganbold <ganbold_at_micom.mng.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:27:33 +0800
Hi,

I'm having trouble on FreeBSD 5.3 with squid-2.5.7. Squid installed from
ports collection.

cache4# uname -an
FreeBSD cache4.micom.mng.net 5.3-STABLE FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #2: Wed Dec 15
18:26:14 ULAT
2004     tsgan_at_cache4.micom.mng.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CACHEK  i386

After few hours machine hangs and stops responding saying following error:

fxp0: device timed out.

I turned off debug.mpsafenet to 0 and it seems like problem goes away.

kernel compiled with following options:

options         MSGMNB=8192     # max # of bytes in a queue
options         MSGMNI=40       # number of message queue identifiers
options         MSGSEG=512      # number of message segments per queue
options         MSGSSZ=64       # size of a message segment
options         MSGTQL=2048     # max messages in system

options         IPFIREWALL
options         IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100
options         IPDIVERT                #divert sockets
options         IPFIREWALL_FORWARD      #packet destination changes

device          gre             # GRE tunneling

Is this problem related to network stack? Or is it related to fxp driver?

thanks,

Ganbold