Re: Atheros and SIS bridging problem

From: Ben Becker <benjamin.becker_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:57:42 -0800
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:47:27 -0800, Sam Leffler <sam_at_errno.com> wrote:
> Those devices tunnel using a 4-address 802.11 format specifically
> designed for this.  Like I said, what you need is not currently
> supported.  The encapsulation work is actually very simple; the hard bit
> is how everything ties into the system.  I happen to be working on this
> but results will not be available for a while.
>
>        Sam

Would this be as simple as using the struct ieee80211_frame_add4
instead of ieee80211_frame and setting the proper ToDS and FromDS
values in the control settings? It looks like you've done most of the
work already.  Is there anything else that needs to be done aside from
updating all of the net80211 and device driver functions that
reference ieee80211_frame?

I'm going to start working on a hack for this since I need the feature
for a project I'm working on.  I don't want to keep pestering you with
this since you're already working on it, but I'm more than happy to
help incorporate this feature in any way I can.  Obviously, any tips
and pointers would be greatly appreciated.

    -Ben