no /dev/ums0 when module loaded

From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie_at_le-hen.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 16:55:38 +0100
Hi,

I was playing a bit with devd(8) to have ums.ko automatically loaded
when I plug my USB mouse.  This works quite well except that it seems
that ums0 is NOT detected when the module is loaded when the mouse is
already plugged.  Thus, when I match against the uhid(4) device to get
the ums(4) module loaded, it cannot work since the module is inevitably
loaded after the moused is plugged.

Is this a bug or a feature ?  I've been told that whenever an USB device
is not grabbed by any driver on attach, it uses ugen(4) and it won't be
possible to ``move'' it from ugen(4) to ums(4) later.

FYI, I'm running -CURRENT from 2004/12/28.

--
Jeremie Le Hen
jeremie_at_le-hen.org