Re: [DDB] show pcpu ....

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:01:38 -0800
Wilkinson, Alex wrote:
> Can anyone point me to an explanation of 'show pcpu' ?
>
> It is first introduced here:
>
>   http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.0R/DP1/relnotes-i386.html

Each processor has a memory section that contains a separate and different
copy of the per-cpu structure (struct pcpu).

The fields of this structure are usually accessed via the PCPU_GET()
and PCPU_SET() macros. curthread (or curproc in earlier systems)
is defined in terms of thiese macros.

"show pcpu" shows the values of the particular insatanc of this structure
for the cpu on which the ddb is running.