Re: [TEST/REVIEW] ng_ipfw: node to glue together ipfw(4) and netgraph(4)

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:27:47 -0800
Brooks Davis wrote:

>On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 11:06:10PM +0300, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
>

>>  Dear collegues,
>>
>>here is quite a simple node for direct interaction between ipfw(4)
>>and netgraph(4). It is going to be more effective and error-prone
>>than a complicated construction around divert socket and ng_ksocket[1].

firstly.. I was thinking that there are several good ways to mesh the
ipfw/divert/netgraph
stuff.

Firstly there is the possibility of making the ipfw stuff a netgraph
node itself..
(yes I know there is such a node (based on ipfw-1) out there.)
then as for getting stuff out of ipfw, maybe divert itself could be
changed to be
a netgraph method. In this way, you'd open netgtraph sockets instead of
divert sockets.

Alternatively there could be a possibility where netgraph could open
hooks of a particular number
and that would be the equivalant of openning a divert hook of that number..

Looks good but I'm not convinced that it needs a whole new keyword of we
tap in
through the divert mechanism.