Re: strange ucom (uplcom) error

From: Michal Mertl <mime_at_traveller.cz>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:32:19 +0100
Emanuel Strobl wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 20. Januar 2005 14:18 schrieb Michal Mertl:
>
> > I tested my patch for binary safety on CURRENT yesterday (dialed with
> > ppp) and didn't notice any problem.
> >
> > I'm attaching my patch again because some recipients didn't probably
> > receive it yesterday.
>
> This didn't apply cleanly against my -stable from today.
> Attached is a cleaned version (#define RSAQ_STATUS_CTS doesn't exist in
> -stable uplcom.c) for -stable which compiles for me.

Thank you.

I found I can't run getty on the converter. I see some output on the
remote computer but it stops pretty soon. If I issue "setty
-f /dev/cuaU0 crtscts" I get some more output. It works really realiably
in the other direction (running getty on real serial and connecting to
it with cu through the converter). I will try to find out more.