Re: Problem with crt1.o and init tls

From: Johan Kuuse <kuuse_at_redantigua.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:30:43 -0600
Probably the best tip I could get, thanks.
boot kernel.old
now gives
uname -a
FreeBSD qc.gua.net 5.2.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE ...
and I'm now able to answer this mail from the FreeBSD box, but
make buildworld
causes the same error message:

/usr/lib/crt1.o: In function '_start':
/usr/lib/crt1.o(.text+0x64): undefined reference to '_init_tls'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/usr.bin/make
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src

Q1. Should I start all over syncing the source code?
or
Q2. Should it be enough to 'make cleandir'and the 'make buildworld'?
Q3. Should the flag -DALWAYS_CHECK_MAKE be used with 'make <whatever>', that
is, not only with 'make cleandir'?
Q4. Should I try using the old kernel in single user mode? boot -s kernel.old

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Johan Kuuse
kuuse_at_redantigua.com