ppp problem

From: Christoph P. Kukulies <kuku_at_kukulies.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 16:02:54 +0100
My ppp didn't startup right after a cvsup and world rebuild yesterday.
Since I probably had a bad mix of old and newer rc files
in /etc/rc.d I wiped out my /etc/rc.d totally and put in the new ones.

ppp-user (probably formerly ppp) didn't seem to execute ppp
since the command line looked a bit garbled:

-quiet -ddial myprofile

instead of

ppp -quiet -ddial myprofile

I hacked it by putting the following fix into /etc/rc.d/ppp-user:

  rc_flags="$rc_flags ppp -quiet -${ppp_mode}"
                      ^^^

This is only a dirty fix that helps me getting online again and post
this message but probably I'm missing some other mechanism going
on that would build up the right run command line.

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku_at_kukulies.org