NFS problems

From: Daniel O'Connor <doconnor_at_gsoft.com.au>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 13:40:06 +0930
I have a -current system from the 29th of June that has problems if I have an
NFS mount up when my network goes down.

It seems every (not sure but certainly most) processes get stuck in ufs or nfs
states so the only thing I can do is hit the reset switch :(

The mounts are soft so I would expect failures to read etc, but not
deadlocks :)

Has anyone else seen this? I'm not sure when it started happening but I have a
feeling it was at least several weeks ago.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum