SMP boot errors

From: Hans van Leest <hvleest_at_signet.nl>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 10:44:32 +0200
Hello,

I've got an ASUS PCH-DL board with 2 XEON processors and an Intel RAID 5
contoller.
Booting on one processor and everything works fine. No errors or crashes
at all.
Only when I enable options acpi and smp in my config file, strange thing
are happening.
The buildworld, buildkernel, installkernel and installworld goes fine
till I boot.
After the 15sec. SCSI settle the machine crashes when booting whit my
SMP kernel. Every instruction pointer after a crash is different.

I've started to post to the SMP newsgroup and John Baldwin helped me
with this. Only, because of the differant instruction pointers, he told
me to post to this newsgroup. He could not find any SMP relation with
the errors.

I've tried to write the crash via my swap file to /var/crash, only the
kernel says that my dumpdir is not correct. The dumpdir is the one from
my /etc/fstab file.

How to I start to solve this problem?

Thanks Hans