Re: HEADS UP: Ports are not ready for CFLAGS=-O2 in 6.0

From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie_at_le-hen.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 00:24:12 +0200
Hi Jon,

> Does it make sense to introduce a CFLAGS_PORTS option? Basically an
> override used when compiling ports as opposed to world?

I would vote for it.  I'm working on integrating ProPolice on the base
system, and it would be worth to have the ability to compile either
base system or ports without stack protection, for instance.
Furthermore this is not a great change in the makefiles, rather
something invisible for those who don't want to use it, and pretty handy
for those who might need it.

If some people are interested, I can make a patch upon request.

Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen