Re: Summary: experiences with NanoBSD, successes and nits on a Soekris 4801

From: Jim C. Nasby <decibel_at_decibel.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 15:59:56 -0500
On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 05:44:49PM +0900, gnn_at_freebsd.org wrote:
> At Mon, 04 Jul 2005 10:25:34 +0200,
> Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> > I played with developing that graph by removing lines from LINT
> > and see what compiled and what didn't.  Based on the progress I
> > made I would estimate the full graph will take about 1 CPU-year to
> > calculate by trial&error.
>
> Hmm.  Well, either I need a very fast CPU, or a more clever approach.
> I guess we'll see...

How hard would it be to distribute this? ISTM it would just be a matter
of providing kernel config files for machines to try, and the machines
would need to report back what happened. You could probably assume that
any error meant an invalid config.

http://pgbuildfarm.org is a distributed build system used by PostgreSQL
that might be of some use (though I don't know if the server code is
available). There's probably other systems out there that might be of
some use.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant               decibel_at_decibel.org