Re: dhclient.conf for ath wireless

From: George Hartzell <hartzell_at_kestrel.alerce.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 13:01:24 -0700
Brooks Davis writes:
 > [...]
 > The correct method is to just add:
 >
 > ifconfig_ath0="ssid MYAP mode 11g DHCP"
 >
 > to /etc/rc.conf.  With exception of devices that load firmware, you
 > probably do not need /etc/start_if.* these days.

Don't you also have to add ath0 to removable_interfaces in
/etc/rc.conf?

On a related note, setting the ssid, the wireless net I use is Alerce
Wireless, which I double quote on the command line, in
/etc/start_if.wi0, and historically in dhclient.conf.  I can't seem to
find a way to escape it in the /etc/rc.conf line that doesn't just end
up with the ssid being "Alerce \"Alerce or ''Alerce or.....  (on
-CURRENT as of a few days ago).

Thanks,

g.