Re: HEADSUP: wpa support in the tree

From: Sam Leffler <sam_at_errno.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:14:17 -0700
Randy Bush wrote:
>>>T-Mobile uses EAP-TTLSv0 from
>>>internet-drafts/draft-funk-eap-ttls-v0-00.txt.  i would deeply
>>>love not to have to use my browser to do userid/password signon
>>>to their hotspots.  any clues/cookbook?
>>
>>I'll look at adding a knob to wpa_supplicant's Makefile to enable
>>EAP-TTLS support.  Until then look at contrib/wpa_supplicant/Makefile
>>and extract the bits you need for the other Makefile.
>

> is there an idiot's howto for tmobile eap/ttls yet?

No but you reminded me I forgot to update make.conf and the man page.
To get what you want define:

ENABLE_WPA_SUPPLICANT_EAPOL=true

in your make.conf file and rebuild wpa_supplicant.  You'll have EAPOL
support including EAP-TTLS.  Past that you're on your own writing the
wpa_supplicant.conf stuff; check Jouni's documentation for help until
someone improves the FreeBSD man pages.

	Sam