Re: gvinum. A little worse than I thought :-)

From: Michael Reifenberger <mike_at_Reifenberger.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:23:39 +0200 (CEST)
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Martin Cracauer wrote:

> Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:19:15 -0400
> From: Martin Cracauer <cracauer_at_cons.org>
> To: freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
> Subject: gvinum.  A little worse than I thought :-)

> What is a recommended ATA or SATA controller with hardware RAID5 and
> the capability to run different RAID levels on different parts of the
> disk these days?

For those who don't want to bother with SW-raid at all sould have a look at:
http://www.areca.com.tw/products/html/scsi-sata-sub.htm
http://www.areca.com.tw/products/html/ide-ide.htm
or
http://www.areca.com.tw/products/html/scsi-ide-sub.htm

I have the last one which works flawlessly for me.

One can configure them via sio(4) or with an extra I2C control panel.

Bye/2
---
Michael Reifenberger, Business Development Manager SAP-Basis, Plaut Consulting
Comp: Michael.Reifenberger_at_plaut.de | Priv: Michael_at_Reifenberger.com
       http://www.plaut.de           |       http://www.Reifenberger.com