ataraid - RAID5 in RELENG_6?

From: Tim Bishop <tim-lists_at_bishnet.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:36:21 +0100
I'm having a fiddle with RELENG_6 and while setting up a RAID1 system
disk I noticed that atacontrol now lets you create a RAID5 device.

I gave it a whirl and it seemed to work - I have a device I can "use".
But is this working properly? I don't have a hardware raid card, just a
plain old SATA card.

Having searched the archives I noticed that Søren said it wasn't
handling parity. Maybe this was fixed?

Anyway - the bottom line is this. Can I create an entirely software
RAID5 setup using ataraid? I'm personally not finding gvinum to be that
polished...

Cheers,
Tim.

--