Re: SES driver / getencstat example

From: David Malone <dwmalone_at_maths.tcd.ie>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:11:36 +0100
On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 07:49:39PM -0400, Simon wrote:
> Something was changed in 5.4 and now example in:
> /usr/share/examples/ses/getencstat
>
> no longer works. When I try to execute it, I get:
>
> SESIOC_GETNOBJ: Bad address
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this so I could get getencstat working again?

I think the commit below might have fixed this in -current, but it
hasn't made it back to 5-STABLE yet.

	David.

peter       2005-06-30 00:19:08 UTC

  FreeBSD src repository

  Modified files:
    sys/fs/procfs        procfs_ioctl.c
    sys/kern             sys_generic.c
  Log:
  Conditionally weaken sys_generic.c rev 1.136 to allow certain dubious
  ioctl numbers in backwards compatability mode.  eg: an IOC_IN ioctl with
  a size of zero.  Traditionally this was what you did before IOC_VOID
  existed, and we had some established users of this in the tree, namely
  procfs.  Certain 3rd party drivers with binary userland components also
  have this too.

  This is necessary to have 4.x and 5.x binaries use these ioctl's.  We
  found this at work when trying to run 4.x binaries.

  Approved by:    re

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.11      +14 -0     src/sys/fs/procfs/procfs_ioctl.c
  1.145     +7 -2      src/sys/kern/sys_generic.c