Re: Problems with OpenBSD dhclient

From: Frank Mayhar <frank_at_exit.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:08:45 -0700
On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 11:58 -0700, Brooks Davis wrote:
> I'm seeing this as well.  I think we're going to need to handle wireless
> and wired interfaces differently since their links work differently.

I tend to disagree with this view.  In general, while wired connections
may often be more persistent than wireless connections, that's not
necessarily always true.  It's certainly possible to move a system
between wired connections as well

I think that it makes more sense for the configuration of the two types
to be the same, anyway, just for consistency.  It's the same basic
problem that is being solved, and if the solution for wireless
interfaces is reasonably robust, it should work just fine for wired ones
as well.

IMHO, of course.
--
Frank Mayhar frank_at_exit.com     http://www.exit.com/