howto for fsck on a snapshot - Bad file descriptor

From: John Sullivan <john_at_basicnets.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:25:19 +0100
Ver=FreeBSD 5.4

In my nightly security report I get a number of "Bad file descriptors" error
messages in my ports directory:

	Checking setuid files and devices:
	find: /usr/ports/mail/masqmail-devel/pkg-descr: Bad file descriptor
	find: /usr/ports/mail/masqmail-devel/pkg-plist: Bad file descriptor
	find: /usr/ports/mail/masqmail-devel/files: Bad file descriptor

I note that in section 16.13 of the FreeBSD handbook that a snapshot can be
taken, repaired and replaced while the server is running.  I am having
trouble working out how to do this :-(.  Searches on Google and the FreeBSD
web site have left me with no further insight.

I can mount the snapshot and run fsck against it - it corrects all of the
errors but I am still left with the problems on the real partition.

Does any one have a 'howto' for recovering from this situation?

John Sullivan