Question about su and network

From: Fred Gilham <gilham_at_csl.sri.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:06:19 -0700
Hello,

When my ISDN line was down yesterday, I noticed that su from an xterm
would hang on my FreeBSD box.  Logging in as root from a virtual console
would work OK.  After the network came back everything went back to
normal.

Is there a way I can avoid this behavior?  I mean the hanging, not the
return to normal operation. :-)

--
Fred Gilham                                        gilham_at_csl.sri.com
I can see you're going to do just *fine* here in comp.lang.lisp.  I'm