Requests for information/possible donation endpoint.

From: Mateusz Jędrasik <imachine_at_toya.net.pl>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 01:57:03 +0200
Hello,

I have recently installed FreeBSD-6.0-BETA on my TOshiba  TECRA 900 Laptop.

So far it has been running 5.4 but i decided to give the new beta a shot. I'ts
quite snappy, and the cpufreq is very nice indeed, together with the
passive_cooling patch.

However, some things are reluctant to comply - refusing to work most likely
due to lack of drivers.

The following things are:

* Internal most likely win-modem inside of the Toshiba TECRA 900
* SD secure-digital compact flash card-reader drive in the Toshiba
* Savage3d drm module (savage.ko) for 3d DRM in X.org in the kernel

Also, I dont want to sound "linuxy" here, but it could be nice with a way that
ata bus drivers could inform userland programs somehow when the tray of a
cd/dvd has closed - so it would be possible to automount stuff like cd's upon
closure of tray, and perhaphs upon the pressing of the eject button,
automatic unmounts if the medium is not currently used by any process.

Has any of the above been ever concidered/thought about during the building of
6.0? It would be great to see Fbsd bloom fully on this laptop, but the lack
of drivers is a real pity over certain things.

I below attach pciconf -vl info and a brief dmesg. If anyone would find it
interesting to help out, I ofcourse provide any further possible debug output
that would be required.

I would happily donate my money/time for the development of these requests,
preferably the first.

Cheers,

/m.