Re: Requests for information/possible donation endpoint.

From: Mateusz Jędrasik <imachine_at_toya.net.pl>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:26:04 +0200
Dnia poniedziałek 18 lipca 2005 10:28, Bruno Ducrot napisał:
> On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 10:41:37AM +0200, Mateusz J??drasik wrote:
> > I have now located also a powerd error, (bug?) mainly the frequencies
> > picked off by acpi are unavailable - this is a p4 1.6Ghz and it seems
> > uncapable of clocking itself down to 1200Mhz.
>
> Do you have an intel southbridge (an ich family)?
> If yes, you can try booting with
>
> hint.acpi_perf.0.disabled="1"
> so that the ichst driver will take precedence over acpi_perf for the
> exact same functionality.
Well, it works fine now, as in error-free.

However, powerd still doesnt work correctly.

It sets the cpu speed, and in a second it goes back to 1600Mhz.

I would believe the acpi_toshiba could be a suspect, since it also
incorporates some cpu speed control, through hw.acpi.toshiba.cpu_speed

Also, in the bios there are some settings for the toshiba cpu, and setting
them to for example 'Cpu Speed Low/High'=Low hardcodes the
hw.acpi.toshiba.cpu_speed, makes the pc work really slow, and still shows the
1600Mhz through dev.cpu.0.freq. That wasnt however yet tested with the above
hint, so I will take a look as soon as I remove acpi_toshiba from the kernel.
Or perhaphs there is some hint to disable it too? I like the video backlight
control :-)

Cheers,

/m.

--