Re: Recent fragility with if_wi, 802.11 adhoc/wep, and Tiger

From: Alex Dupre <ale_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:12:05 +0200
Sam Leffler wrote:

>> I have a (not so) similar problem with my atheros based D-Link
>> DWL-G650 card with late CURRENTs. The problem is very strange: I can
>> connect stablily to my neighbor's 11g wireless network (even if the
>> signal is lower than my D-Link DI-624 AP) and I hardly can connect to
>> my AP. When it happens, the connection goes down after few seconds (no
>> carrier) and I cannot reconnect anymore. This used to work with older
>> current (about a month ago). I though the AP was broken, but I have a
>> 11b device (voip phone) that can connect without problems (yes, I
>> tried to connect the card in 11b mode, w/ & w/o wep, but it's the same).
>> Anyone seeing this?
>
> wi != ath
> ap mode (really sta mode) != adhoc mode

Yup, I said *not so* similar, but always related to 802.11 networks. I
just wanted to know if other people had this issue.

> You haven't provided any details of the setup that fails.  Have you
> tried setting up your ath card in 11b?

As I said in the last phrase, yes, I tried. I tried changing channels,
modes, wep encryption, AP distance, but without success. I can run the
debug tests you want, just tell me what output you need, so that I'll
not overflow you with useless information.

--
Alex Dupre