Re: cvs commit: src/usr.sbin/ndiscvt ndisgen.sh

From: Ben Kaduk <minimarmot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 01:09:36 +0000
On 7/22/05, Jung-uk Kim <jkim_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> jkim        2005-07-22 05:49:41 UTC
>
>   FreeBSD src repository
>
>   Modified files:
>     usr.sbin/ndiscvt     ndisgen.sh
>   Log:
>   Fix ndisgen(8) for amd64
>
>   - file(1) does not recognize UTF-16 encoded .INF file:
>
>           netbc564.inf: MPEG ADTS, layer I, v1,  96 kBits, 32 kHz, Stereo
>
>   Use egrep(1) to match two strings, i. e., `Signature' and `Class=Net'.
>
>   - Fix linking failure.  Generate a temporary Makefile to emluate
>   official kernel module build process.
>
>   - Some minor typo/style fixes.
>
>   Reviewed by:    obrien
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.2       +116 -72   src/usr.sbin/ndiscvt/ndisgen.sh

I think this commit broke ndisgen for my broadcom bcm4324 chipset
(dell truemobile 1400 mini-pci), since the only other commit since my
last
working version (6.0-Release Beta 1) claimed to be grammatical fixes.
ndisgen fails to recognize my .inf file, which the old version recognized:

---------begin ndisgen output ----------

A .INF file is most often provided as an ASCII file, however
        files with multilanguage support are provided in Unicode format.
        Please type in the path to your .INF file now.

        > /usr/src/sys/modules/if_ndis/bcmwl5a.inf

        I don't recognize this file format. It may not be a valid .INF file.

--------- end ndisgen output --------
the driver files that worked are here:
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/kaduk/www/bcmwl5a.inf
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/kaduk/www/bcmwl5.sys

I tried removing the ^M's from the ends of lines, but this made no
difference.  Any thoughts to explain this behaviour?

Thanks

Ben Kaduk