Re: HEADS-UP: new feature: removing of obsolete files

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih_at_rpi.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:25:33 -0400
At 1:00 PM -0600 7/23/05, M. Warner Losh wrote:
>In message: <20050723165510.0ba168d0_at_Magellan.Leidinger.net>
>             Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net> writes:
>: I covered nearly 6 years of obsolete files in this commit, but I may
>: have missed some. I also tried to add a short comment why a files was
>: removed. So in case you find a wrong comment or a file which isn't
>: covered by this commit feel free to send a patch or commit it on our
>: own.
>
>Bravo!  I have lists of FreeBSD trees going back to 1.0, but
>haven't had time to write the script to find those files no
>longer in current.

I started a project like this with releases 4.0 through 4.8 plus
5.0, but got discouraged when I realized the list of files would
change depending on what options someone used (NO_FOO options,
for instance).  I'm glad to see someone had more persistence at
working on it than I did!

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad_at_gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad_at_freebsd.org