WPA_Supplicant at boot time....

From: Eric Schuele <e.schuele_at_computer.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:52:45 -0500
Hello,

What is the appropriate way to start wpa_supplicant as the machine boots up?

I seem to have everything setup properly.  But I must always:

  # wpa_supplicant -i ath0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
  # dhclient ath0

...as root, in order to get my wireless card up and running.

I would assume there is an rc.conf setting I am missing... just cant
seem to find it.

Was using:
   ifconfig_ath0="DHCP"
in my rc.conf before setting up wpa_supplicant. But that causes an
infinite loop now.

I am running 6.0-BETA1 i386 as of the 23rd.  I have a mini-PCI atheros
card and it is not removable.  Therefore no attach/detach events.

Thanks.

--
Regards,
Eric