Re: dhclient taking all cpu

From: Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH <allbery_at_ece.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 23:07:25 -0400
On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 18:54 -0700, Brooks Davis wrote:
> That sounds like a problem with the code that handles the link state
> notifications in the interface driver.  The notifications are a
> reletivly new feature that we're only now starting to use heavily so
> there are going to be bumps in the road.  It would be intresting to know
> if you see link state messages promptly if you plug and unplug the
> network cable.

I can't speak to the original poster's problems, but I do *not* see link
state messages when plugging/unplugging the cable on my T42 (em0).  I
have resigned myself to starting dhclient manually.

(Suggestions for helping to track this down are welcome...)

--
brandon s. allbery   [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]      allbery_at_kf8nh.com
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery_at_ece.cmu.edu