RE: 6-BETA1 iwi + wpa_supplicant fails, and sometimes silently re boots

From: Kirk Davis <Kirk.Davis_at_epsb.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:12:33 -0600
OK.  I have moved my changes that I tried out of /etc/devd.conf and created
a new iwi.conf file in /usr/local/etc/devd as Daniel suggested. It seems to
work well and dhclient still attaches to the interface even when roaming.

I was never able to get an /etc/start_if.iwi0 script to work correctly as
Sam suggested because the dhclient dies on link down and there is nothing to
detect the link up and reattach it. When I was roaming the dhclient would
die as I re-associated.  Using devd it works great.

Here is the iwi.conf file:

# devd configuration file for the iwi driver.
# This file downloads the firmware on attach and starts up dhclient if
configured.
#
attach 100 {
        device-name "iwi0";
        action "/usr/local/sbin/iwicontrol -i iwi0 -d
/usr/local/libdata/if_iwi -m bss";
};

# Try to start dhclient when the link comes up.
# Only devices that are configured to support DHCP will actually
# run it.  No link down rule exists because dhclient automatically exits
# when the link goes down.
#
notify 100 {
        match "system"          "IFNET";
        match "subsystem"       "iwi0";
        match "type"            "LINK_UP";
        action "/etc/rc.d/dhclient start iwi0";
};

I'll start working on a diff for the port and send it into the iwi-firmware
port maintainer.

---- Kirk
Kirk Davis
Senior Network Analyst, ITS