Re: dhclient sucks

From: David Gilbert <dgilbert_at_dclg.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:23:23 -0400

Brooks> On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 11:09:55AM -0400, David Gilbert wrote:
>> The ISC dhclient would probe multiple interfaces simultaneously.
>> The new one waits for some amount o ftime on my hardwire ethernet
>> (rarely used) before probing my wireless.  The result is a longer
>> startup.

Brooks> Try:

Brooks> background_dhclient="YES"

That's an entirely different behaviour.  The stock behaviour of ISC is
the only sensible behaviour: Wait until either a timeout or you have
an address, then continue.  It makes the startup scripts happy, and it
doesn't waste time.

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Independent Contractor.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dave_at_daveg.ca                    |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |