Re: BSD Installer release 1

From: Jon Door <jondoor_at_udor.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:12:04 -0400
Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

>On 2005-07-28 17:52, Brooks Davis <brooks_at_one-eyed-alien.net> wrote:

>>>Unnn - I may have missed a huge part of this... But, if your doing
>>>cvsup, and its the ports tree you are cvsupping - then you ARE using ports.
>>>

>>I said I do the INSTALL without them.  I just the source tree and ports
>>quite being a committer to both of them.
>>

>This is exactly what I do too.  If you also have a local CVS mirror,
>like I do, it's much more convenient this way? :-)

The local mirror is a nice touch, otherwise the public servers absorb
the extra work associated with a clean download of either ports or
source in their bandwidth, not to be taken lightly. Also these days the
vast majority of my installs hit more than one disk, so I tend to agree
with Steven.

I don't mean to down play the time and effort that is going into the
bsdinstaller, as it is appreciated even by a happy sysinstall'er ; )
Thank You.