Re: Rockridge extension not enabled when / is cd9660, boot fails

From: Dario Freni <saturnero_at_freesbie.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 20:56:57 +0200
Jim Rees ha scritto:
> It looks like you're getting 8x3 DOS style names.  You didn't say what
> version of mkisofs you are using but you should be able to turn off this
> misfeature.  Usually it's -l plus -L.  Also I don't think you want -J.
>
> That still doesn't explain why you aren't getting rockridge but it should at
> least let you boot.

Same behaviour with -l and -L, even without -J. As I said, I can mount
the iso correctly with mount_cd9660(1) on an already booted system, and
view the entire name of the files. It seems an issue related with the
kernel way of mounting cd9660 as rootfs. For some reason, the root
cd9660 is mounted with all extensions of iso9660 disabled.

Bye,
Dario

--
Dario Freni (saturnero_at_freesbie.org)