dhclient and wpa_supplicant

From: Sam Leffler <sam_at_errno.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:08:53 -0700
Brooks fixed a bunch of bugs in dhclient and I just committed an
important fix to wpa_supplicant to work right when wireless cards are
ejected (previously it would loop).

I also tested that dhclient does the right thing for roaming between
ap's--switching causes dhclient to immediately collect a new lease.

I just ran tests with wpa_supplicant and found that it does appear to
handle open ap's properly.

Everything except the wpa_supplicant changes have been MFC'd to RELENG_6
for the 6.0RC2 build that's going to happen soon (I'm hoping to get re
to approve the wpa_supplicant changes).

So the question is what are the outstanding issues with dhclient and
wpa_supplicant?  I'm mostly concerned with wireless devices but feel
free to talk about wired interfaces too.  If something doesn't work
right please try to give steps to reproduce the problem.  Otherwise
please provide detailed info include ifconfig output.  Remember that
dhclient logs info to /var/log/messages and you should also see link
state change msgs there too.

	Sam