build option survey

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 15:23:47 +0200
I'm working on a script which will survey the various build options
(NO_FOO, NO_BAR etc) and what their impact is on the installed system
footprint.

	http://phk.freebsd.dk/misc/kernel_options/HTML/

The table shows size of the total installworld image, including
the GENERIC kernel.

Delta is the number of blocks compared to a full installworld, and
no, I'm not quite sure yet why some of them take more space.

Number of extra files and number of eliminated files (these link
to a "mtree -f -f" output file so you can see which they were.

When done chewing, all the options will be tested for their effect
during "installworld only", "buildworld only" and "build+installworld"
usage.

When completed, this script will end up under src/tools/tools

Poul-Henning

PS: Interestingly, this survey has theological implications as well
as it proves the long held belief that C++ is evil:  The NO_CXX
option which prevents the installation of this evilness eliminates
exactly 666 files :-)