Re: mmap bug?

From: Joseph Koshy <joseph.koshy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:45:19 +0530
gk> That's something I didn't test.  No, the 'extra' data
gk> disappears.

So the 'extra' data isn't reaching the FS and is probably
being served up from a cached VM data the second time your
test program ran.

This is still a bug though: the mmap(2) manual page
says:
    If len is not a multiple of
    the page-size, the mapped region may extend past the
    specified range.  Any such extension beyond the end of the
    mapped object will be zero-filled.

We are clearly not doing the zero-filling.

--
FreeBSD Volunteer,     http://people.freebsd.org/~jkoshy