Re: SMBus hardware note recognized

From: Jia-Shiun Li <jiashiun_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 15:13:48 +0800
On 6/2/05, Jiawei Ye <leafy7382_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/2/05, Jia-Shiun Li <jiashiun_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Your ICH4 SMBus controller should have been supported by ichsmb. Strange.
> >
> > Try boot verbose and examine the boot messages carefully.
> >
> Ok, I have attached my dmesg.boot. Doesn't look like the smbus.ko is
> probing my SMBus hardware at all.

Are you sure you have ichsmb in kernel config and it successfully
compiles a working kernel?

ichsmb depends on smbus which you load as module, but ichsmb itself is
not, and currently cannot be compiled as, a module. You either did not
discover the failure of compiling kernel or just did not have ichsmb
in kernel config.

Jia-Shiun.