Recent vesa changes

From: Antoine Brodin <antoine.brodin_at_laposte.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 13:45:23 +0200
Hi,

The recent vesa changes cause a problem on my laptop.
During startup, when ispcvt is called by syscons_precmd
(in /etc/rc.d/syscons), it clears my screen and the screen keeps
cleared.

I investigated a bit, and chmod'ing -x ispcvt solves the problem.

Vidcontrol -i mode shows that mode 369 is supported so I think that
there is perhaps an ioctl collision between
. this mode: _IO('V', 369 - 256)
. and VGAPCVTID: _IOWR('V',113, struct pcvtid)

Cheers,

Antoine