Re: pear broken on current.

From: <eculp_at_bafirst.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 06:57:09 -0500
Quoting Mark Murray <markm_at_FreeBSD.ORG>:

> eculp_at_bafirst.com writes:
>> After a week of rebuilding, changing versions of pear, php, apache and
>> all other  dependencies and looking everywhere except at this change,
>> Finally, thanks to Manfred Antar <null_at_pozo.com> and Thierry Thomas
>> <thierry_at_freebsd.org>, I was able to understand that this was my
>> problem with pear but I still don't know what the solution is.  I
>> assume that the port will need to be changed or am I missing something?
>
> What is the actual problem?

Any pear command such as config-show or upgrade-all shows a php message
as below.  Maybe after the change I should be doing things differently
but I haven't figured that our yet.  I can boot with an older kernel
and everything is as before.

# pear
Usage: php [options] [-f] <file> [args...]
       php [options] -r <code> [args...]
       php [options] [-- args...]
  -a               Run interactively
  -c <path>|<file> Look for php.ini file in this directory
  -n               No php.ini file will be used
  -d foo[=bar]     Define INI entry foo with value 'bar'
  -e               Generate extended information for debugger/profiler
  -f <file>        Parse <file>.
  -h               This help
  -i               PHP information
  -l               Syntax check only (lint)
  -m               Show compiled in modules
  -r <code>        Run PHP <code> without using script tags <?..?>
  -s               Display colour syntax highlighted source.
  -v               Version number
  -w               Display source with stripped comments and whitespace.
  -z <file>        Load Zend extension <file>.

  args...          Arguments passed to script. Use -- args when first argument
                   starts with - or script is read from stdin

Thanks, Mark, for any suggestions that you might have.

ed