Re: a relatively major problem with ext2.

From: Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 23:57:19 +0900
On 3/9/05, Peter Edwards <peadar.edwards_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:54:44 -0600, Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg_at_gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > After a bit of discussion on the kde list regarding a problem I've
> > been having with kreadconfig (which uses mmap), I've stumbled (largely
> > directed by Michael Nottebrock) upon an ext2 bug.  Michael wrote and
> > posted the following code:
> > [snip mmap failures, crash]
> Hi Eric,
> Can you try the attached patch?

Sorry it took me so long to reply.  The patch still applies in today's
-current.  It even seems to fix the problem that was being discussed.
The same code that I was running before now works without an hitch.
There is still another issue, though.

I have some ext2 drives mounted and I can cd and ls and use things
like konqueror with them, however things like the following are
happening:

# mkdir foo
# mkdir foo/bar
# rm -rf foo
rm: foo: No such file or directory
# cd foo/
# ls
bar
# find .
.
find: ./bar: No such file or directory
find: .: No such file or directory
#

Those are definitely broken behaviour.  I hope someone has an answer.
Now that I'm all settled in .jp I should be able to test patches or
provide information in reasonable amounts of time.  Thank you very
much, Peter, for your patch!

--
If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.